Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Issues

I don't know about you, but I tend to get up somewhere in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. What I have noticed lately is how loud the voices are in my head at that point. I've taken mental note over the past few weeks, and here's what they say to me plus more rational commentary:

"Oh my gosh I'm sooo tired ..." (duh, it's the middle of the night)
"I do not do not do not feel like running today." (perhaps you might feel better when you've slept 'til morning?)
"I am not running this morning." (1 a.m. is probably not the best time to be deciding such things.)
"If the big-pawed cat trips me on the way out of the bathroom, I probably don't have to run today." (point taken)
"I think a nap is called for today ..." (back to the deciding-that-at-1 a.m. issue ...)

The thing is, I think I used to give my 1 a.m. voices more power and control than I would like to admit because I find myself actively taking on the fight overnight so I don't have to do so when I get up. Weird, but true. I took it on in the overnight hours again, and Elly and I have returned from a very successful morning outing. No pennies, but mission accomplished nonetheless!

And, in the Good News Bad News Realm ...

Good News! The titanium-lightening-periwinkle shoes are great! They feel new, so they have some breaking in to do for sure, but I can tell they will work at least for now. If in the next couple of weeks I love them, I will return to the store to get another pair for reserve. That will spare everyone of further shoe discussion (at least until this model changes ...)

Bad News ... check this ugly out:
A Mom Fries Failure at it's finest! I decided to make a bigger batch in the regular oven (instead of our toaster oven), and it was a massive failure!! We kept putting them back in longer and longer because they wouldn't cook all the way through (making them soft and oh-so-gross). Ultimately, they hit their own tipping point and just burned up! BOO!! This was a major dinner let down around here. *sigh* Back to the proven way for now!

In the meantime, on our way home from the run, I stopped by the store to get a new veggie brush for this very purpose:
Ta-Da! It's amazing what kinds of equipment this running venture has brought to our world ... from shoes to clothes ... now, a new veggie brush. (Well, we'll use it as a veggie brush ... I wanted a hand-held one like this, and that wasn't not to be found in the kitchen gadget aisle ... toilet bowl cleaning supplies, here I come!) Anyway, I'm already stoked to use it for this evening's Do-Over. It will be a success because I've already decided so. Do and chalk up a success for yourself this fine Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment