Thursday, October 20, 2011

So Unexpected: the Sequel

Holy moly, it has been a day!! But! It sure started off right! It was sunny and beautiful (even the 39 degree temperature was great for me! I dig it cold!) and a great morning for a run! But, seeing as I had things to do immediately after running, I didn't go on foot by yesterday's orange tree bonanza ... but, I did drive by in a completely not-at-all-on-my-way-home route!

You might remember I wanted to see that blanket of orange leaves on the ground as they'd look with sun coming down on them. What I didn't think about was that if the sun was out, there would be shade! Duh! So, the ground wasn't impressive at all (and I didn't take a picture because I didn't want to look like a creepy lurker). But, I did look up:
Sweeeeeet ...
While most of the leaves are dark, the ones where you can see color
are BAM right there in your face ORANGE! YUM! Kinda makes
me want to have a popsicle ... who doesn't love an orange popsicle?
It's super hard to look up while running because I do fear tripping, so I'm glad I went by after I was finished! (Seriously, how I've not gone ker-splat in these three years is beyond me even without doing something like looking upward. The one time I fell on ice does not count. But, I have stubbed my toes into an uneven piece of sidewalk so hard that I made sore a muscle in my be-hind ... I don't recommend ...)

Speaking of orange:
Yup, finally got it. Finally. Five weeks after finishing, I got my finisher's medal for September's Half. I can hardly remember what I did yesterday much less five weeks ago. HA! *sigh* Not a shining endorsement for the run organization, but it's still cool. (It's not as cool as our Puppy Pace shirts, but not much is ...)

Speaking of cool, tomorrow is Rest Day! And, THAT is entirely cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment