Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pocket Preparation

There's a saying about leaving a door open if you want opportunity to come through, right? Well, apparently, that same concept works for pockets and pennies. When I set out this morning, I put my key in the roomy pocket of my running pants, and I zipped the pocket almost closed. I left just enough room to deposit a penny if the opportunity presented itself. (It's important to plan ahead especially when the 31 degree temperature required gloves, and gloves make things like picking up pennies and manipulating zippers difficult, don'tcha know ...).

Planning pays:
Four pennies and, that's right! A dime! Sweet ...
What's so weird about my coin finding is how many times I'll run one direction only to turn around on the same path and find pennies I'd clearly passed over just moments earlier. I know there's a motivational speaking theme in there along the lines of what is seen from different perspectives in life, but right now, I'm just basking in the fun of the find!

In the meantime, you should know I picked this morning's route based on scenery. You can see why:
Not too shabby!

Also not shabby in the least, HOORAY for the St. Louis Cardinals World Series Champions!! Yeahhhh!!! The moral of that story: Never, never, never count someone out. Never. Not others. Not yourself. Not ever.

Bask in the glory of your win today! We all have little victories daily, we just have to see them. And, just think ... tomorrow is Rest Day ... ahhh ... I'm off for a Diet Coke!

No comments:

Post a Comment