Thursday, October 6, 2011

Running Hazard

It was back to it this morning, and all felt a lot more business-as-usual, so by the time Saturday's long run rolls around, all systems should be firing strong! Thanks for muddling through a rough one with me yesterday. To drown my sorrows of a really cruddy-feeling run, I endulged in what have become favorite comfort foods:
-- and --
The above is Aaron's version of Mom Fries as he cubed the sweet potatoes and let them cook in a skillet with the garlic sea salt and chipotle spicing. He used Smart Balance to keep 'em from sticking to the pan and to keep the spices on instead of the tablespoon of oil I toss the fries in before baking. Exact same outcome as Mom Fries ... SO YUMMY! AND, if you look really close in the upper left corner, there's the Diet Coke I emailed Aaron asking him to get me on his way home from work. I tend to lay off it the days prior to running, but, some days, it just has to be done. It was a good sorrow drowner!

So, with some great fuel in the tank, Elly and I headed out this morning. We were almost finished with our run when EWWW! A bug landed right on my tongue!! I've spared you of any road kill pictures, but I did carry this little guy's corpse back with me to the camera:
Gross.

Just as I was rounding the corner from where this unfortunate event took place, I looked up and saw this:
I tend to "not see" this particular area because it's always all green to where you can't differentiate the trees. It's easy to overlook for me. But, not today. Talk about eye candy!! Soak in something beautiful today ... but, you might want to keep your mouth closed while doing so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment