Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Tricky

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 1012 (running: 822.9; walking: 44.3; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $13.69
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 1012 Aaron: 766.4 (b: 674.6; w: 91.8)  Elly: 305.8 Total: 2084.2

Hello, hello and Brrrrrrrr ... finally! You know I'm a fan of the cold weather especially for running! But, I am not a fan of ice. Unless I'm on skates. And, even then ... Anyway, with all of the rain lately, there's still a lot of run-off or water that just has nowhere else to go right now. So, the temps in the 20s overnight produced a bit of a treacherous outing this morning.
 
In fact, we weren't 30 feet from the door before I told Pit Crew #2 that I questioned the wisdom of our outing. Hoping for the best, we went anyway:
Pretty but slickery!
We managed to find just enough path along the way to keep everyone upright. That doesn't mean I didn't slip more than once -- because I did, and one of them kind of sucked -- but, we managed. It's a tricky proposition to run (um ... jog. Lightly.) when the 50-pound dog is part of the equation, too. Let's just say it's a good thing my balance is still really good!
 
It was good to get out together even though the run wasn't much to brag about. But, they all can't be pretty! Here's to one more to wrap up the year!! We'll check in tomorrow with the wrap up!

No comments:

Post a Comment