Friday, December 18, 2015

Plans In Parts

It's not that I didn't want to serve my jury duty; it's that I didn't like the up-in-the-air part of it. Luck was on my side, though, and there were no, I repeat no, jury trials scheduled for Friday, December 18. (If you've called the number, you recognize that part of the recording. I would call it back to make sure I heard it correctly, so I really have that line pounded into my head!) So, I got to catch up on all kinds of Christmas today!! YAHOO!!

I was just finishing putting things together that need to be mailed when I looked to my right:
Speaks volumes, does it not?

Anyway, I had no plans to run today regardless of my jury status. Last night, Aaron and I made a plan to finish our 2015 Challenge together on Sunday, and, with that on the books, I let go any running thoughts so as to focus. It worked wonders to completely compartmentalize as this is not the time of year to have things just willy-nilly floating in my head (it's not good to have Mom floating around like that during finals for others, just sayin' ...).

I'm just glad to be here on Friday night with much of what I wanted to accomplish done so in a way that didn't make me flip my lid. NICE.

I'll check in on Sunday with the little celebration! Here's to a great start to the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment