Sunday, December 27, 2015

Just To Move

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 1005.8 (running: 816.7; walking: 44.3; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $13.07
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 1005.8 Aaron: 751.4 (b: 659.6; w: 91.8)  Elly: 299.6 Total: 2056.8

While there was no rain (yet) when we got up this morning, neither Pit Crew #2 nor I were jazzed about the idea of running. Truth be told, it's just hard to want to go a day or two after Christmas because everything has been upheaved and out of order including regular eating. Even if meals are normal, they're not necessarily at a normal time. And, even though I made our traditional lasagna swapping out noodles for yellow squash (which I never, ever thought I'd do and never, ever believed would be yummy but IT WAS), my beloved pack of Hershey's Kisses with Almonds (with almonds is the key to yumminess) doesn't help the holiday fueling!

All of that being said, neither of us wanted to run, but both of us wanted to move. So, a walk was in order both yesterday and today! And, today's also included our favorite furry friend who was wayyyy more excited to get out than we were!
It felt really good to go out and move reminding me that a good walk now and then is just as refreshing and invigorating as a good run. We also talk more during a walk, and that's always a bonus. Today's topics included favorite moments from Christmas as well as deciphering weird family members. It's all good walking fodder. I do love walking and talking, and doing so with my girl certainly tops my list of favorite things to do.

The rain picked up for the afternoon and is supposed to go all night into the morning and on into the day, so I have no plans to run tomorrow. I'm willing to play it by ear once I get up if we get a lucky break in the weather, but I'm glad to not have to decide! Nothing else about the routine right now is normal; why make running different?

I know we are in a fortunate pocket of weather as compared to many -- thoughts, prayers and good vibes to those caught in it, and I promise to not complain about what it is we are or are not getting! Be safe, and I'll be checking in as this year winds down ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment