Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My Rest Master

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 947.7 (running: 767.6; walking: 39.2; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $2.89
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 947.7 Aaron: 673.6 (b: 598.6; w: 75)  Elly: 260 Total: 1863.3

Wooooo-wheeeee!! It was a chilly one out there today!! The beginning of the run was pretty okay, but, soon after hitting the first mile, we rounded the corner into a big wind shift, and the temperature just dropped.

And, so it goes ...

Elly joined me again today, and she was much more focused than she was yesterday! I struck that up to running the same route, so, perhaps, the smells weren't quite as interesting the next day! I realize I'm completely making that up, but those are the things I think about when trotting along. Trying to stay warm. Because I wasn't dressed for the temperature to drop mid-run!

I forgot my camera which was also okay because it was best to just keep moving and not doing much of anything different once in a groove! Besides, if I had running pictures, could I really over-indulge and show off these?!
I just walked around the corner and saw that sweet face staring at me. She's been on that couch all day. Her two-day tally of 9.2 miles earned her some rest for sure! She has this rest thing down pat!

Speaking of those piling on the miles, I'd like to congratulate our friends who joined us in the 2,015 in 2015 Challenge as their team of three wrapped up their total miles this past weekend!! Ben, the leader of their pack, used to be an avid runner until he had an injury and other life happenings that sidelined him for quite some time. I'm pretty certain this challenge helped give him the excuse he needed back out there to do something that seems to run in his blood (unlike those of us who needed a later in life injection of interest!). So, way to go to them!!

The Change Hounds are still on track, but we're going to need the month to wrap this up!

I will not be contributing to my miles tomorrow as it's a super-busy Rest Day ahead of me, but I'll be back to it Friday! Stay warm if you've been suddenly slapped with the BRRRR, and I'll be checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment