Thursday, December 24, 2015

All In!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 1002.7 (running: 812.5; walking: 41.2; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $12.96
 
2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 1002.7 Aaron: 731.4 (b: 639.6; w: 85.8)  Elly: 297.6 Total: 2022.4

It's the Eve of the big day!! Yahoo!!! I am not only excited for Christmas, but I was already excited for a family gift I designed for my peeps: A virtual Family Run!! Wheeeeee!! With a window of time where no rain was predicted, I hopped on this morning to make it happen! Oh, and I sprang it on the young Crewers yesterday. Surprise!!
 
I had the idea to do this not only because we do like to occasionally make this running a family gig, but I also saw a great virtual medal for one of our family members come through my Facebook feed, and I wanted a reason to get it! So, instead of making a run for just two of us, why not all four?!
 
Remember this from yesterday?
This is what was inside!
That candy themed one? Yeah, it's HUGE. The description
did say it was 6", but there's something about reading it and
seeing it that is very different! It's fabulous! And, dangerous!
Aaron was already in the know about the run because I needed to ask him if he was down with going a 10K distance since that was the only option for the medal I wanted to get him. He immediately accepted and took the longer distance for the team this time (yay!). He's the only one who knew we were getting medals, but no one knew what they looked like until we were finished. It was really fun hunting for just the right ones for everyone!
 
So, ANYWAY!, we all agreed to get up earlier than any of us (except Aaron) would have otherwise planned, and we had a great morning! It was 33 degrees, but there was no wind making it rather comfortable for some of us. Aaron, however, was taking no chances:
He's in four layers on top plus a fleece hood/mask. He was
taking no chances in the oh-so-frigid temps!
We sent him on his way, then we drove to where our run both began and ended which was also Aaron's end point. SO SMART, I KNOW!
 
I had a blast with the young Crewers. Pit Crew #3 had us both laughing within our first quarter mile to the point I had to stop and catch my breath. Fortunately -- for keep-on-moving sake -- he turned it down just a smidge as we got nearer the first mile. I think some of his energy was redirected toward noting multiple, multiple times his hands were cold. PC#2 to the rescue as she gave him her gloves so he no longer had to run with his hands in his pockets! It was quite a site -- and one he didn't really want photographed!
 
This was my favorite part of the run and precisely why I chose this route:
Then I thought it would be a great idea to take an in-action selfie of all of us while running. Look at what a great job I did capturing our crew!!
Our 5K went by really fast -- great entertainment with the company I kept certainly moved things along!! (And, I found a dollar bill on our last stretch! BOOM!!) We hit our end point in good time and only had a bit to wait until Aaron cruised up predictably soaked from his many layers!

I loved having this outing together, and it was also fun to surprise the kids with their medals!
This was a great way for our family to really kick off the countdown!! I hope you and yours are also doing exactly what you want today!! Above all, do what makes you peaceful with the ones you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment