Saturday, December 26, 2015

No Ado About Running

Merry Day After!! I'm not sure what it says about me that I looked at Pit Crew #2 earlier this evening and said, "Okay, so, yesterday was Christmas ... right?" It felt longer ago than that. I chalk it up to a really good day after and, probably, it being the first day of break that everything has felt normal. Is it the build up ... is it just that there are things to do ... I don't know what it is, but break, for me, starts after the presents are open!

That's not to say everything up to that point isn't pretty fantastic! As you know, we started Christmas Eve with a family run! Then, in the afternoon, we received a spontaneous Christmas carol recital from the kids:
We wrapped up the Eve with our traditional breakfast for dinner while the kids exchanged their gifts to each other and to me and Aaron! Breakfast for dinner on the Eve began very early on; you get breakfast out of the way at night so no one has to be bothered with it once Santa comes, duh!! Last year, I was smart enough to move it out of our kitchen and to a restaurant ... no one is working and all are enjoying at the same time! Everyone wins!!

I do so love tinkering with tradition to make it work! I love our gift exchange, too:
PC#3 getting beloved Pop Tarts from his
sister ...
... while he gave Aaron something very
specifically hand picked!
PC#2 took care of my nails and hands with lavender gloves
made to text while she loved her new Ice beverages from
her brother!
There is nothing not fun about this particular exchange!! The whole purpose of it is to be very thoughtful while not spending much money. It's truly one of my very favorite Christmas activities!!

The Eve exchange is always a surprise, but Santa tends to do something each year for each of us that takes us by surprise! He's magical like that, amiright? Don't worry, Elly was included in the magic with a very special treat. But, enough about her; this was my morning stash ...
... and, this is what was in the blue paper in back!!
It's a smaller version of the movie poster!!!!! I. LOVE. IT. and never saw it coming even though every time we passed a theater, I talked about the ramifications of just pulling one off the wall and/or out from under its protective frame. NEVER saw this coming! It's fabulous!

This last week has been so full of blessings -- I think I'm tired by Christmas simply from counting them all. Truly, it's overwhelming.

Soooo ... in other, everyday news, PC#2 just checked the weather and, just like this morning, it's supposed to be raining when we get up and for the duration of the day. And, that's the forecast for Monday, too. So, we'll be playing this running thing by ear! I'm pretty thankful for that kind of flexibility, too. All blessings, big and small, count!!

I hope the holiday and weekend bring you every bit of love and peace you are wanting! We'll be checking in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment