Friday, September 25, 2015

Loving EVERYTHING About These!

Happy Weekend!! Yeah, I know it's almost over ...

Okay ... here's my most recent must-share recipe! It's sooooo delish, and it fits right in to the Trim Healthy Mama ways of the world (no white flour, sugar, the normal stuff that is always on the no-no lists ...). The only problem I have with my recipe-seeking surges is that, sometimes, I get lost as to where I actually found the recipe! This is one of those, and I can't backtrack to find it for anything. When I come across the source, I'll add it.

In the meantime, feast your eyes on these:
Those are Everything Bagel Bread Sticks ... recipe by Someone Awesome!

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
  • 3/4 cup almond flour
  • 1 tsp. xantham gum
  • 2 T. cream cheese
  • 1 or 2 eggs
Everything seasonings; Mix together the following:
  • 2 T. sesame seeds
  • 2 T. poppy seeds
  • 1 T dried minced onion
  • 1 t. dried minced garlic -- or, 1 t. garlic powder because you forgot to buy the minced kind
  • 1 t. coarse salt
What you do:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a pan with parchment paper. For real, use the parchment paper. I love parchment paper; it's a sanity saver.
  • Melt mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl. This takes about a minute and a half. Stir to combine. Make sure all of the cheese is melted.
  • In a separate bowl, mix almond meal, 1 egg and xantham gum. Mix until combined.
  • Add hot cheese to almond mixture and work them into each other. I used my hands getting them wet as needed to make the sticking less problematic. Mix it together well.
  • Divide dough into four pieces. Gently roll (or work however works best for you) until you have sticks about 12 inches long.
  • In a small bowl, beat another egg to make wash for the sticks. (I used egg white from a container.) Brush each stick, and cover each stick with the seasoning mixture. I brushed and coated one side of the sticks then turned them over to do the bottom, too.
  • Bake on parchment lined pan for about 20 minutes. Dough will turn golden brown.
Holy. Moly. If you're an Everything Bagel fan, these are for you.

That's the latest that came out of this kitchen! Enjoy this low carb slice of heaven, and I'll be checking in tomorrow ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment