Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Short and Sweet

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 721.2 (running: 544.8; walking: 31.6; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $60.03

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 721.2 Aaron: 432 (b: 382.1; w: 49.9)  Elly: 163.6 Total: 1316.8

Even though I got a later start than I intended, I did actually get on my first day of the core workout of the Guardian Dog virtual challenge! Believe me, doing that was a victory in and of itself because I'd already rationalized how it was okay to not do it because it was later in the morning than I intended. (Nice rationalization, huh?) But, I went on and did it using the fact that I signed up on purpose as my accountability. Why sign up if I'm not going to comply? Duh. Today's workout was short and sweet and focused on the lower body with a handful of different pre-run lunges. Day 1: Done!

My plan was to take Elly for a walk today, but I was inspired to run with her as I was rather warmed up. We didn't go very far in part because I didn't want to take a lot of time for it today and in other part because it was already steamin' hot (not good for a pooch). We saw a couple of fun things on our route, though ... this ...
It's a statue. It's hilarious!
... and, this:
That belongs in my garden ...
We also found a dime which rolled the Food Bank counter over the $60 mark!! With almost three full months to run and find money, I'm in line to wipe out last year's $63.64 donation! Suhhh-weet!!

The exercise today was short and sweet and totally worth it. Elly, in particular, was very pleased:
Tomorrow's schedule dictates a break from running, so I'll be back at it on Friday!! I'll be checking in soon ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment