Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Worth It

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 759.5 (running: 582.1; walking: 33.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $64.57

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 759.5 Aaron: 478 (b: 420.1; w: 57.9)  Elly: 179 Total: 1417.3


Okay, what's with all the food I've found on the ground. Here's today's contribution:
Add this to the recent apple and orange I found, and I have quite the fruit salad. I even haven't reported on the number of utensils I've found. For real, I'd be all set.

I do what I can to work my runs in such a way that I don't have something to do immediately after (shower not withstanding ...). I like just a bit of buffer time so I don't necessarily have to commit to a certain pace. Call it giving myself an out; I call it proper planning. Today, though, it was important I get my miles in within a specific and non-negotiable window of time as I had somewhere to be (straight to it; no shower. Nice ...). So, I hauled it. I pounded the pavement like my life depended on it except for the obvious stops to pick up the moolah. I haven't run like that in ... months. In fact, I'm pretty sure my last endured run at that pace was at my Half Marathon in April.

It felt great but more in the camp of, "Hey, I can still do that even when I haven't been working at it," rather than how it actually felt because, truth be told, my legs are killing me.

And, that's okay. It was worth it all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment