Friday, September 18, 2015

Make It Matter To You

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 764.5 (running: 587.1; walking: 33.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $65.58

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 764.5 Aaron: 478 (b: 420.1; w: 57.9)  Elly: 179 Total: 1422.3


This was applicable to yesterday and to the beginning of the school year thus far:
Just. Sayin'.

So, regardless of whatever happened to yesterday, here we are on a very muggy Friday!! It was already in the low 70s when I went out to run (ah, the back-and-forth weather of our state!), and it was really quite gross. I really wanted to get a good run in, though, so I sucked up my complaining and went for it.

At one point, I went past a garden shop and saw this sign:
That was really pretty clever and funny ... until my brain twisted it into "Grease Is the Word" and I subsequently sang it to myself for more than half of my five miles. I'm sure I'm not the only one who not only gets a song stuck in the head, but also only has part of the song in there. Over. And, over. And, ooooverrrr. I worked hard to get more words in there which is also the point at which the song as a whole fell out of my brain. Maybe I've stumbled on the way to make the song-is-stuck problem stop ...

Anyway, I stopped for a sec at the garden shop. I just had to:
Holy smokes, I love Fall! I know we're not quite there yet ... but, soon!!

I had two big payoffs with this running gig this week. First, of course, is surpassing last year's donation total with just a bit more than two months to go to find money. In the $1.01 stash from this morning, check out this dime:
Ummm ... how?!?!
The other is that an acquaintance of mine came up to me and said she sees every morning I'm out there which has inspired her to go for a 15-minute walk every morning before she starts working. That was both fantastic and humbling. Even better, though, is what she said for herself: "I have found out that just that little bit makes me feel so much better for starting my day." And, that is the point. It doesn't take much. You don't have to be training for the Olympics nor make apologies for anything or any effort. You just have to own it, embrace it and make it matter to you -- and to you alone. I'm happy to have been some source of inspiration; I'm happier that she has made a shift that makes her feel good!

In other feel-good topics, I've spent some time in the kitchen today with some Trim Healthy Mama recipes that I'm stoked to share! That's what's on the docket for this weekend when you tune in! Enjoy your slide into the weekend, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment