Saturday, September 12, 2015

For the Long Term

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 746.4 (running: 570; walking: 31.6; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $62.87

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 746.4 Aaron: 466.3 (b: 413.1; w: 53.2)  Elly: 174.1 Total: 1386.8


In case you were wondering about this:
That's at the gas station I frequent to get my morning Diet Coke. I looked over the counter, saw the directive on the can and just laughed. I love that such things have to be spelled out. Those working there pointed out the cracks in the can that made such notation required. For real.

We saw that at the end of this morning's run, the very run I almost talked myself out of because it was feeling so good to sleep in a cool, open-window breeze this morning ... until a jackwagon neighborhood resident started mowing his lawn before 7:30 a.m. SO not cool. (It reminded me of when my Dad would decide that I'd slept late enough and start the lawn mowing right under my window. Only, let's face it, my Dad did it on purpose, and the neighbor was oblivious on a personal level.) Anyway, the mower did get me up and keep me up, so what's a girl to do but get up and run? Well ... first, I waited for Pit Crew #2 to start stirring so she'd go with me ... then, it was time to head out!

It was something like 50 degrees this morning which is fantastic running weather!! That also meant we could easily take Elly and have no fear of the temperature being too much for her. The only fear bringing her poses is tripping up and over her when she startles and cuts me off. She hasn't taken me down in years, but it doesn't escape me that it is a strong possibility at any point. I've noticed she has consistently slowed her pace during this last year, too, which actually increases the possibility of a tumble ... or of my flat-tiring her. (Until this run, PC#2 did not know the meaning of 'flat tire' someone. Whuuuuuuuuut?!)

The main thing that mattered today is that we went at all. The weeks are longer and stuffed full of things to do, so sleeping away a Saturday morning run is increasingly enticing. But, that's a thought in the immediate, not one that fuels and fosters long-term thinking. And, to that end, off we went ...
... and, back we came! Onward to finish the day, and I'll be checking in tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment