Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Adjust For Balance

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 737.2 (running: 560.8; walking: 31.6; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $62.47

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 737.2 Aaron: 466.3 (b: 413.1; w: 53.2)  Elly: 169.9 Total: 1373.4


So, this is still happening around our city:
Look close -- they go all the way down the street, and I'm
already more than half way down. It is truly something
in person!
It's pretty cool what the pros can do because this is what's happening around my house in the pots:
That pot was beautiful until Sunday.
And, then came Monday ...
Today was a good day to be out and about on foot and even on different paths so I could take in the remnants of Summer plantings! I do so love the flowers, but I hardly ever miss them because I love Fall so much! I'm very anxious for the weather to turn and stay cool (it keeps being promised ... I'm still waiting ...). The best of the best running weather is oh-so-close!!!

Todays' run was a good one especially for guessing my route and distance. Our car status was promoted last night being able to get one in driving mode while the other got fixed (so as to trade when Car 1 was finished ... good times!), but that still left us with just one which meant altering all kinds of routines and routes! It worked out well ... the cars and the run! There was absolutely nothing of incidence to report other than I'm pretty pleased I keep on going right now because there is literally nothing big on the books. I have my virtual 10K at the end of the month, but I could do that right now if I wanted, so it isn't pushing me. My 2015 Challenge miles are on target, so I'm good there. My personal end-of-the-year miles are not on target, nor do I think I can get them there without taking the fun out of going. So, there's that, and I'm good with it! Fun trumps arbitrary number of miles ...

In other numbers games, I'm going ahead and putting a third day in a row of running for tomorrow simply because it works into my schedule better. -- There really are some benefits to not operating within a specific training schedule!!

Oh, speaking of numbers, get this ... If you can believe it, the car guy didn't go for my proposal to pay for the repairs in a two-for-one deal ...

Clearly, I'm in a maintenance mode of sorts right now. That works well because it fits better into my world as a whole! As many of my dailies have kicked up a notch and gotten crazier, my running can just come along for the ride and balance it all out. NICE.

Adjust what you need in your life to make the most of everything you are doing, and I'll be checking in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment