Monday, September 28, 2015

Amazed

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 790.2 (running: 612; walking: 33.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $67.53

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 790.2 Aaron: 512.1 (b: 451.1; w: 61)  Elly: 194.7 Total: 1497


I'm more than pleased to report I actually got up to run today after muddling my way through Sunday where I was totally and completely exhausted-wrecked from Saturday and after the anxiety-riddled, emotionally exhaustive drama that surrounded yesterday's computer/picture file Scare of 2015. We poured ourselves into bed last night asleep before hitting the pillows.

I'm not just pleased that I ran today; I'm freakin' amazed.

So, a run with the pup it was, and that was a great way to start the day. Elly wasn't too pleased with me here, though ...
I saw the yellow flowers back there and thought it would be cool to show them off. I asked Elly to sit, and she was having none of it. In fact, she was completely obstinate. The little fart. You can see she eventually sat after I reminded her how to do it. She got me back later with a big, ol' potty stop that for the first time in recent history made a little deposit on my hand during my pick-up attempt. Nice.

The run was not without its merits, though. Aside from the duhs of going at all, exercise benefits, blah blah, there was this ...
... and, this ...
And, at the end, there was this:
Clearly, all was forgiven.
"Was I supposed to forgive something,
Mommy? You never do anything wrong ..."
Dogs be loyal. Just sayin'.
I'm not just amazed (for real) that I ran, but I was additionally surprised at finding 11 more cents for the Bank. This isn't a target-rich route, so, I'm not sure how that happened. I'll scoop it up, though, and the Food Bank will take it. Booyah.

I may or may not eek out a run tomorrow morning. We'll see. In the meantime, though, I hope your start to the week worked out well for you!! If not, aim for it to go your way tomorrow at least for as much as you can actually control! Enjoy every part of the rest of your Monday, and I'll be checking in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment