Monday, September 7, 2015

Change Is Hard

I have two worst days of the year: The first day of school when my wee ones head back to their corners of the world, and the day the pool closes for the Summer.

Guess which one is today.
Almost every year, we do a total corn dog picture of summertime sadness on Labor Day because that's the day the pool is taken away from us. In this year's version, Pit Crew #2 is in the process of letting us know how terrible she is at making goofy faces for the camera, and I really don't know what PC#3 is doing. But, that's us.

I have no room to complain seeing as we are at the pool every, single possible day. We again filled the Summer with tons of our-rules pool basketball, 2-on-2 volleyball and floating while talking. PC#2 and I didn't quite finish our Best Of 101 Volleyball Tournament and had to wind down the season with a score of 12 (me) to 5. Yeah, we didn't quite finish out the 101 concept in part because we started so late in the Summer, and in bigger part because the four of us playing together trumps just about everything.

Every season brings about something different to look forward to, and, without the change, those other good things would have no room to enter. There's so much good that's coming, but that doesn't mean saying goodbye to family pool time today wasn't hard. Change is hard. But, like I said, I have no room to complain because look who I get to do the changing with:
Indeed, I have nothing to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment