Thursday, July 18, 2013

Love Hate Thursday

With a wee, momentary drop in temperature and humidity and a drop in the day's miles, all three of us got to head out this morning!! Hooray!!

I came to a realization in our first steps ... I've grown to love and hate the Thursday run. I love thinking about it on Wednesday because Thursday's is the shortest run of the week (while Wednesday's is always the second longest). Whatever I'm running on Thursday always seems like "nothing" until I get out there and start it up. Then, today like so many other Thursday mornings, I am so completely over it. I just want it behind me. Or to stop. And, the latter is not a sentiment to give in to!! I think the issue is that Thursday is my "running Friday" complete with that end-of-the-week feel. It's not bad, it's just ... tired. But, tired or not, Thursday morning is another time to go!

I got to make the very best of it today with both of my girls! We began by being spied upon ...
"I will eat you if you come closer."
We saw this same kitty yesterday, but as soon as we were close, it bolted. Today, it clearly felt safe hunkered down in its cover!!

Along we trotted, and no sooner was I thinking about it definitely being better (um, not good ... just better) out this morning versus yesterday, Elly started pulling over to the grass to give her paws a break from the heat.
There she goes!
She was pretty persistent about staying in the grass, but she kept moving while she both cooled herself off and investigated whatever it is she investigates. As long as she's safe and entertained, it's all good.

Meanwhile, right behind me, Pit Crew #2 channelled my snag-and-run technique to get herself a flower:
Hey, I thought she was running!
Am I the only one around here doing any
actual work?!?!
We motored along with some of us working harder than others what a total lie while I kept looking forward to not running tomorrow. 'Seems to be a theme, doesn't it? Let's not do this anymore!! Ah, but, actually, it's not a theme as much as a fleeting thought that I know I share with many. Fortunately, by the time it re-entered my brain, PC#2 and I had come to the part of the sidewalk wide enough to run side-by-side which totally facilitates the talking part of the running program. This is also when I realized she still had her flower ...
And, now, it's on our counter in a jar. Fab!
... and, where Elly was, yet again, off to the side. Kind of like her tongue!
Seriously!! Look at that!!
This last mile also brought about 3 pennies, and the bike lane produced yet another. See? One way or another, running pays!

Oh my gosh, I was thankful to be finished! You'd think being at this for almost five years (whuuuut ?! Who knew this would stick like that?!) that I would no longer have those, "Ew! Yuck! Totally don't want to even think about doing that!" moments! But, I do. And, again, I know I'm not alone or drawings such as these ...

... simply wouldn't exist! (I'll pass on the cheeseburger ... please pass the popcorn!! Yeah, yours. And, yours and yours and yours!)

Side Note: My next Freak Mode (for me) is set for next April. Oh, yes, I've already figured out that goal and have a pluh (which is the better part of a plan but not quite there!). Before then, I intend (ah, didn't commit to a plan there, now, did I?!) to amp up the current mode closer to September's race. That plan is weather-dependent, though, just sayin'. Between now and these events? Normal Person Nancy holds true to the ultimate mission to keep on keepin' on any way that happens!

Oh, and soon! Very soon! Maybe tomorrow! I will be back in the kitchen with a recipe I'm dying to try!! Here's the teaser ...
... and, here are today's finishers!
Tomorrow! We rest! And, perhaps, we cook! No matter what we're doing, I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment