Monday, July 22, 2013

Turtle Wisdom

When I first started running, I totally repeated the mantra about the turtle and the hare. "Slow and steady wins the race. Slow and steady wins the race." Over and over and over. This happened in the last half mile of my three-mile attempts. I needed it to keep me going. I needed it to feel good about myself. I can still see exactly what street I was on and where I was on it when I'd start reciting those words of wisdom. Clearly, this was a critical piece of my eventual success of finishing all three of those miles in a row.

So, when a friend posted this on Facebook, you know I not only had a running flashback, but I also laughed out loud!
I thought that was an excellent way to start a Monday!
 
Oh, yeah ... we also started off Monday with our run! Is it just me, or is it unusual to see a platter of pancakes in the road?

I kid you not, that was the highlight of the run. Well, that and the fact that Elly didn't notice the pancakes therefore not yanking my arm out of socket in order to investigate them. Good doggy. Oh, but speaking of food, yesterday's pasta dish is not a great pre-run meal for this kid -- too many spices sit around too long causing them to rock and roll in my stomach that early in the morning. Ugh. Good to know, though.

So, the running trio logged our four miles, and we went on with our day!
Just two more training runs to go before the cupcake run!! We'll get to those after tomorrow's Rest Day. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment