Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Other Side of the Run

Every so often, the I Love To Run Facebook page posts: "You either ran today, or you didn't." I'm here to say I TOTALLY DIDN'T. It didn't even cross my mind. So, there!

Yes, yes, it's a Rest Day anyway. It's also post-Half time where the euphoria of the run wanes and normal life resumes, medal- and fanfare-free! It would be something of a let-down, but along with the waning comes the return of muscles feeling normal again. So, you give and you take. And, you make another goal, and you start all over again. Whee!! By mentioning that, you'd think I spent time today mapping out what I need to accomplish September's Half. But, I did not.

Other things I did not do today:
  • Get up early
  • Miss seeing and snagging three dimes in three different locations while out and about
  • Win at Quiddler against Pit Crew #3 who destroyed my score
  • Lose at basketball BACON (known as HORSE to everyone else in the world) in the pool again against PC#3
  • Get my work done so I now have to finish it tonight (whoopsie)
  • Care that I didn't get my work done so I now have to finish it tonight
I love that it's summer so those can top the list of notables today.

One thing I did do is stumble upon what is probably the greatest surprise ever ... Am I the only one who didn't know about this???
And, do you know how awesome this is in the Outside-In Turkey Tamale Pie recipe (here! it's right here!)!! IT'S SO GOOD. Check it out, and try it out. Easy, easy on the tummy, so so so yummy!

I had to share the update! Give it a whirl!

I have no plans to run tomorrow, but I am definitely figuring out my schedule!! Until then, I hope you stumble upon a happy surprise for yourself, and I'll see you tomorrow with a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment