Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Simplicity Preferred

Holy goodness, it's Rest Day which meant my body was reasonably restful, but my brain was not!! It was one of those days where I did all of those "this should just take five minute" things ... and, for me, many of those things have been put aside so they added up to a number of hours! It was also a day where many of these things were going on at the same time, so I was multi-tasking. My verdict on multi-tasking: Bleh.

I used to think that because I could multi-task that it was the equivalent of having some kind of super power. Then I had two little kids and a multi-tasked life, and I realized I wasn't enjoying a single thing. So, I stopped multi-tasking and streamlined everything I could whenever I could. Ahhh ... my brain relaxed, and I regained focus! The moral of the story: I steer clear of multi-tasking whenever possible. For real.

Is it a wonder, then, that I like running? There's not much to it: Me and the road. I love its simplicity!

I also love that our big run is coming up this Saturday!! Pit Crew #2 asked me earlier today if I am excited about it. I told her I'm looking forward to it and looking forward to it being behind me. She had a wee look of concern over that last part until I added, "I feel that way about every big run. Every one of them." It's true, I do. Running a double-digit run often feels like being so prepared for a test that you're actually annoyed you have to wait to take it. That and you just want it off your mind. I'm looking forward to it, I'll be totally fine during, and I'll be stoked after. It's become a very predictable pattern!

As it's a virtual run, there is (of course) no Expo, but! the Run the Edge Facebook people posted a great today much like the ones I love to see at Expos! ...
That's just good economic sense, right?!
So, no Expo BUT there are cupcakes at the end (yeah!!!) AND goodies in the mail between us and our virtual running partner, Mary Kate!!! Prizes weren't even planned! Man, pick awesome people to run with, and, evidently, you get prizes!! (She was already awesome; this is just the sauce on top!) I'll share what we sent later ... it's currently under wraps ...

With that, it's almost time to get under the covers!! Sheesh, it's late!! Yup, it's been that kind of day! But, it was productive, those little nagging things are in their proper places now and it's time to wind down for a good rest before tomorrow's run!! We'll check in when it's behind us!! See you then!

2 comments:

  1. Your unofficial cupcake goodies should arrive tomorrow!!! :)

    YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!! I'm so excited!!! I hope yours arrive to YOU by tomorrow, too!!!

      Delete