Friday, July 5, 2013

Virtual Details

Just when getting up early to run a really long way sounds like a perfectly terrible idea, the next thing I know, I'm totally stoked and can't wait for morning! Yeah, that's the running roller coaster for this girl. I know I'm not alone, so feel free to go along for the ride with me!!

Today's been a day of last-minute prep for our first virtual run!! Tomorrow is my 10-mile training run which was scheduled anyway, so it's pretty cool that it'll end with celebration and prizes because it usually wraps up with just a water bottle and very necessary shower. Tomorrow is a way bigger deal for PC#2, though, as it's her very first 10K!! WAHOO!!

Everyone had a part in wrapping up the details ...
The boys got started on the cupcakes (oh,
yes ... you run a Virtual Cupcake Race,
you get cupcakes at the end!) ...
... and, we helped by licking the beaters!
These cupcakes are going to be very
fancy pants!! Can't wait!
Stack-o-mile markers ready to be placed!
By the way, I never thought I'd say, "I'd rather run 10 miles than thread a sewing machine and bobbin because running 10 miles is easier and makes me say fewer bad words." But, there. I said it.
After what seemed like a lot of unnecessary complication, I
finally got it all going so Elly can have her very special, sparkly
bandana!! You have to take care of your trainer. It's a rule.
Besides mapping the course and figuring out on what part of it Elly joins me, we're ready to roll!! Join me tomorrow to celebrate PC#2's big day!!! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment