Sunday, July 7, 2013

Celebration!!

Yesterday's run was my indoctrination to the virtual running world, and it was awesome!! What a great way to set goals, hit them and be rewarded during the summer! This is normally a down time for running events (for me, anyway), so it's more difficult to maintain the momentum and keep my weekend mileage higher. This summer at least, virtual races are my inspiration! And, they are treated as just as big of a deal by our as any official event all the way through to the celebration!!

Given the cupcake theme underlying these virtual runs, we had to have cupcakes at the end!! You saw them being prepared the other day. Now, check out the outcome!
PC#3 had fun decorating them ... I enjoy the one on the top
left ... it's a shark surrounded by water.
We took 'em to our bagel breakfast with
us ... and, we ate them first!!
Gotta love the color-the-batter concept ...
... so pretty!!! Aren't they fabulous?!
Pure happy!
One last detail wrapping up this run is, of course, our shirts! I normally make one to wear during the run, but I didn't want us wearing cotton shirts in the warmer temperatures. So, these became finisher's shirts!
Very blingy!! We loved how they turned out front and back!
At the last minute, I added our distances:
I decided PC#2 had to have her distance on hers ...
big run, big deal!!
So, that's a wrap!! Our big virtual run is in 3 weeks or something crazy like that!! That means we're back at it tomorrow with the continued training runs! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and find a little something meaningful to you to celebrate!! I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment