Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Last One, One More

Exactly how did today's run become a little bit bitter sweet? With only one more to go after today, and with weather that took a turn for the much better, you'd think this morning would just cruise along and be nothing more than done.

However, even with one more training run on the schedule, I'll be flying solo or just-with-dog as Pit Crew #2's schedule prevents her from joining us tomorrow. Boo!! During today's run, I thought about our summer-o-running and how good it has been for us, and it felt a little bummer-ish that it's almost finished! I'm pretty certain the cupcakes at the end of Saturday's run will help take the edge off, though, just sayin'.

It was a really good run out there. With a significant drop in humidity, we could breathe the entire way without feeling like we're gasping for our last breath! Even Elly chugged along without issue! And, thanks to PC#2, the Food Bank will benefit from another nickel!
I saw that nickel out of the corner of my eye, but I didn't look very carefully and thought it was part of a bird egg. Look, I also thought today was Thursday, and I thought a dentist appointment card was current when it clearly had 2012 on it. I'm not to be trusted on my keen observation skills right now!

It was a short run (which was very welcomed since PC#2 and I kept delaying getting out of our beds!), and it was a good one. I do so love doing this together!
Why, yes, we were a trio ... 'can't forget that!
Today's weather was a big payoff for pushing through what we've been going through, and it resulted in a good, solid run! (It also sent me over the 500-mile mark for the year ... booyah !!!) Just a couple of days ago, I thought I was the biggest moron for purposely scheduling a Half Marathon at the end of July; today, it felt like a perfectly fine idea! Let's hope this keeps up for a bit ... we sure could use it on Saturday! Before then, there's one more run for me, so I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment