Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Throwback

Once upon a time, I used to remember every detail about every, little thing, remember every, single name I ever learned after the first introduction, and I would keep track of a complicated schedule often without the use of a calendar.

That was before having kids.

Believe when I say I'd trade remembering and quick, creative thinking all over again and again and again to have my sweet ones and to pour all of my brain cells into their development. In fact, completely relocating my brain capacity probably did me a favor as I now often amaze myself by doing the most DUH of things. The smallest of problems solved or what I believe to be creative solutions brings about an uproar of cheer in my own head.

Thank you wee ones ...

The latest victory came in the form of these:
Remember the Cauliflower Tots recipe I shared here? It's been a total hit around here; even Pit Crew #3 is coming around to genuinely liking them as he's gotten used to their smoother texture (vs. the regular, fried tater tot). I make a double batch of the mixture to keep in the fridge, and we pull on it during the week as a side for dinner.

Or, for breakfast ...

The taste of these is truly, remarkably like potato. Couple that with the texture, and it has reminded me of when my mom occasionally made potato pancakes for breakfast following a dinner where we had mashed potatoes. I loved potato pancakes at breakfast. Mmmm ... Anyway, the other morning, I decided to give this mixture a whirl at turning them into potato pancakes. I added some (a helpful measurement) almond flour to make sure it was stiff enough to cook and flip, then I plopped two heaping spoonfuls on to a pan sprayed with coconut oil. After the first side was cooked enough to endure a flip, over they went for about half the time it took side one to cook.

These suckers took me way back to the days of mom's potato pancakes. Same taste, same consistency, same-but-healthier happy tummy.

So, yeah, the day's victory was figuring out I could cook the same mixture in two different forms. That's brilliance like I don't often experience anymore. And, I'll take it!

Tomorrow, I take my brilliance on a morning run! I'll see you after ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment