Monday, October 5, 2015

Elly's Day

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 804.4 (running: 626.2; walking: 33.4; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $70.93

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 804.4 Aaron: 531.6 (b: 470.6; w: 61)  Elly: 203.7 Total: 1539.7


Elly here!!! It's a BIG DAY for me, so mommy said I could write today's entry. What's the day, you ask? It's the day I hit 200 miles for the year!!
YAY, MEEEEEE!
That's the moment right there when I hit it! You know how I can get all uncooperative about standing still to take a picture in the middle of a run, right? I compromised today by standing still, but I wouldn't look directly at the camera. And, mommy didn't even bother to ask me to sit. Apparently, she learns. Despite my annoyances on almost every outing, mommy wanted to celebrate me. And, I was all about it!

And, check this out! While we were out running the streets, we saw daddy!!! I always get excited when I see a car that looks like his, but, this time, it was actually him!! He stopped to say hello ...
... and, there was no chance for an in-focus picture because I was too excited to let mommy stand still. I was also so excited to run back and see him that I pulled mommy's shoulder really, super-hard. We don't need to discuss that, though.

Daddy went on to work, and we went about our business. Mommy took care of a lot of business by finding $1.78 today which put the Food Bank total over the $70 mark! I don't really know how that necessarily affects me, but, it makes her happy, so that's enough reason to celebrate with her. Besides, she tends to find coins in some places that have really awesome smells for my sniffer. So, I guess everyone wins!

We trotted a solid four miles before mommy called it good for the day.
Yay, US!
And, then, to punctuate my extraordinary physical activity effort, I came home to do this:
THAT was a great way to start off whatever day this is! I don't keep track of such things. I just know what I like. And, what I like is to be with my family no matter what we're doing! It's a simple concept and makes no real demands except of the heart. And, that seems to work out for all of us.

We hope your day started off just as well as ours! I need to get back to my day's couch agenda while you get to what you need! We'll be checking in from our next outing (see how I just decided I'm going?! I'm a take-charge kind of gal ...). Thanks for cheering me in to my 200!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment