Monday, October 12, 2015

Be the Orange

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 827.3 (running: 648; walking: 34.5; biking: 144.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $73.34

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 827.3 Aaron: 536.3 (b: 470.6; w: 65.7)  Elly: 220.8 Total: 1584.8

Multiple alarms went off this morning from different rooms in the house. I can only say most of them were not only set wrong, but they were also snoozed. And, I heard them all ...

Now, is that the way to start a Monday? In theory, no, it's not. But, they kept going off to the point is was actually comical, and I had to just start laughing at the sweet souls who kept messing with their alarms. While I didn't really realize being a mom meant years and years of interrupted sleep, I'll totally take it!

Getting up early was worth it with or without the multiple alarms. See?
Elly and I had a lovely 4+-mile outing. It was a little on the warmer side, but it was still plenty comfortable for the pup. And, that's all that really matters seeing as she doesn't get a vote whether or not she accompanies me. (Ohhhh, but she tries. Daily.)

So, while I'm not training for anything specific, I've found myself sometimes fighting over the rationale of running hills. For the most part, I kind of like doing so for variety if nothing else: how else do I appreciate the downs and the straights if I don't do the hills? But, there's this one hill at the very end of my route that just gets on my last nerve because it's the end. I've always griped out race officials ending a run up hill; seems I'm not much better at it! Anyway, I admit to bailing on that hill now and then and actually using the reasoning that I'm not training for anything anyway. But, what I do know is the few times I bail, it never feels awesome to have done so. In fact, mentally, it feels kind of crappy because there are times I know I could have run it, but I just chose not to.

Today was like most runs where I had to remind myself why I'm out there in first place so as to motivate myself up that last hill. From now on, though, this visual might be just what I need to get up it without the personal argument:
Interestingly, I love oranges, but I do not like tangerines. It's like a personal connection there.

Anyway, yes, I did run that hill today. And, I suspect I will tomorrow. I much prefer the orange to the tangerine.

I hope your Monday started off strong in whatever way you wanted or needed! I'll be back at it tomorrow; see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment