Thursday, October 29, 2015

That Which Sparkles

Pit Crew #2 casually-but-with-purpose (she's like that) said to me at breakfast this morning, "We need to carve our pumpkins soon." I was all, "Uh-huh ..." And, then, I looked at the calendar which is also when my eyes about bugged out of my head.

I shouldn't have been surprised that the entire month of October happened around me without my notice. But, I was. I've always loved October, and I really like the time leading up to Halloween. And, then there's this season in my life where it all got away from me, and I'm reframing my head to really, really look forward to Thanksgiving. We might even have to decorate for it with some mummy lights because I didn't get around to putting them up this year. At least PC#2 and I managed to remember to get these gems up last weekend:
SPARKLY BATS AND GHOSTS!! These rule.

She also had the foresight to make these this Summer. It's a good thing, too, or we'd have no sparkly bats and ghosts.

In this, one of the busiest and crazed months of late, I am thankful for the little, bitty things. In fact, I find myself in a constant state of making sure I see the little things because I can't seem to keep track of the big picture as evidenced by not realizing it's only two days 'til Halloween. GULP.

If not well managed, life gets overwhelming. Even when well managed, it's not all in our control. Take even just a second to notice something small, something happy, while taking your busy days one step at a time. I'll be sure to put in my running steps tomorrow which will make sure I've done what I can to start the day off calm ...

In the name of paper, glue and glitter ... I'll be checking in tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment