Monday, May 18, 2015

Whatever It Takes

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 475.2 (running: 330.9; walking: 20.5; biking: 123.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $39.66

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 475.2 Aaron: 288 (b: 260.4; w: 27.6)  Elly: 90.1 Total: 853.3

Well, that's different ...
Something tells me not many other people came across a piano
sitting on a sidewalk today ...
While that was definitely different on this Monday, many things about it were very typical. And, I'm talking, typical in the tales as old as time way while everyone gets ants in their pants with the end of the school year approaching. This is most definitely the worst time of year for focus around here. It's also when strategies are created/implemented/altered to get to the end of the year. And, sometimes, that reevaluation is daily and maddening. But, whatever it takes is what's required.

The same often goes for the running. With the promise to myself of running the Half distance this weekend -- when every part of my mind, body and soul wants to just sit down -- I do whatever it takes to keep going. Today was a good day in that the run did not feel laborious, but, I did make the mistake of not focusing on the weekend run as much as I did the rest that comes after. I think the diminishing returns on that thought process is self evident.

So, when I felt like it today, I did do things like stop to smell some flowers ...
... or take in the scene:
I really didn't stop all that often, but I really didn't care when I did. There was simply no reason no to.

Over here, we all did the very best we could with our Monday! Certainly better than this guy ...
This week is the home stretch for the big run! But, that doesn't come without days to rest, and tomorrow is one of them! I'll check in then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment