Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Re-Evaluation Is Becoming Second Nature

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 484.2 (running: 330.9; walking: 20.5; biking: 132.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $39.66

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 484.2 Aaron: 288 (b: 260.4; w: 27.6)  Elly: 90.1 Total: 862.3

Quick! Name fivethingsfast that went smooth for any part of any of my training since the beginning of the year! Ready? GO!

Bet'cha can't ...

I will most definitely give a nod to the weather. Overall, I had it good, and, by that, I mean I could run outdoors almost every, single training day. You can't sneeze at that one.

Other than that, while the runs themselves have gone well, the schedule just feels as though it is in constant upheave. This week has been, in will continue to be, no different ...

Wet and pouting.
Today, I was unlucky with the weather, and it rained and rained and rained and rained. There was simply no question I was going to be on the bike this morning. It worked out, though, because I had a show on the DVR I really wanted to watch. Strike one up in the Win column!

I got off the bike itching to run, though. But, I thought ahead to Saturday's Half plan, and I hated it. I didn't hate the distance, but I hated the time I knew I'd need to get up so as to finish and get on with the day. Nothing sounded fun about that.

So.

I decided I'm running it Friday! I have the time, and I have the opportunity. I'm just going for it. There will be no fanfare and no one even at my finish line except myself and my thanks to God for getting me the distance. This one I'm taking for myself. It's probably because there's so much hub-bub with the end of school, not to mention the noise of life itself, that I just want to go at and wrap up this one by myself. There's something about the solitude of it that is appealing. I'll catch the fanfare later when I surprise everyone by taking them out for my post-run dinner. Because that is happening. We all have our own stuff going on and that we're very immersed in right now; dinner together is much more important for all. The run will be for me.

But, because of a big Friday run, tomorrow just became a Rest Day. Say it with me: BOOYAH.

Re-evaluation is good. Don't shy away from it.

I'll check in tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment