Thursday, May 14, 2015

Carrots Are Good For You

With Friday mere hours away, I can't articulate how happy I am the weekend is coming. This girl be tired!

And, as tired as I am, I also can't articulate how disinterested I am in mapping a 12-mile route for tomorrow. It doesn't even sound attainable even though I totally know it is. Bleh. I hate when I'm this whipped!

But, run I will because that's what needs to happen to get ready for next week's Faux Girl distance! And, as for my personal, dangling carrot to finish up tomorrow's run, I have this to look forward to:
My virtual running partner extraordinaire, Mary Kate, sent me this shirt this week! She is part of a dedicated running group (the one that runs when, for real, everyone is sleeping), and they ordered these shirts for themselves. Mary Kate claims me as an honorary Diva, as they call themselves, and I'm flattered. I've promised to wear it well, and I couldn't think of a better inaugural wear than to do so after this next long run! So, it's been staring at me ... waiting ...

I know there's a whole school of thought out there about not rewarding everyone for every thing, but I don't believe in a blanket, universal application to it especially when working hard and motivating one's self. So, tomorrow, I shall be rewarded. Thank you, Mary Kate!!!

Do what it takes to motivate yourself, and I'll see you after the morning run as we welcome FRIDAY!

3 comments:

  1. Wear it proudly Road Diva! You have earned this many times over - just excited to know we can be long distance twinkies if we wanted to! Thanks for being the most awesomest virtual running partner EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear it proudly Road Diva! You have earned this many times over - just excited to know we can be long distance twinkies if we wanted to! Thanks for being the most awesomest virtual running partner EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love my shirt and hate when it's dirty!!! You're the greatest!!

    ReplyDelete