Saturday, May 9, 2015

That Worked Out

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 446.7 (running: 302.4; walking: 20.5; biking: 123.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $37.49

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 446.7 Aaron: 288 (b: 260.4; w: 27.6)  Elly: 83.1 Total: 817.8

Biking yesterday to avoid running in the rain turned out to be a joke on me as I was soaked by the time I got home from my run this morning! You know what, though: It turned out more than okay. Just like yesterday's bike ride was probably more of a good cattle-prod to the rut I think I was in than it was avoiding the rain, running in a moderately strong shower for my last mile turned out to be rather refreshing! I won't say I would have voted to run in the rain, but it really was quite pleasant. And, seeing as it began when I was almost exactly half-way through my route, there was nothing I could do but embrace it! Three and a half miles dry; three and a half wet. Why not?
 
It's funny how the very things you spend a lot of time and energy trying to avoid turn out to be some of the best things that could have happened!
 
I also must confess that I'm positive yesterday's very long bike ride probably enhanced this morning's run. There's a day I know I would have required a rest following that kind of ride, but I'm growing to better understand how the ol' body works and what it's actually capable of -- not what I emotionally decide it can't or shouldn't do.
 
The only complaint I have from this morning is that I got a pretty wicked case of runner's nose. Yeah, the gross kind. You'd think, with the substantial shower I encountered, there would have been some kind of built-in, if not automatic, cleaning system. But, that simply didn't happen. I'll not go into the details required to remedy this most-annoying situation.
 
I was so pleased with this morning's run that nothing about it bugged me. Not the rain. Not having no choice but to run through a drainage area soaking my shoes. Not my I-know-you're-jealous hair.
Nothing.

It was a good run. But, I will not be running. Because it's Mother's Day and not what I'm going to do. I will check in, though, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment