Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I'm Not a Fan Of This Pattern, But I'm Not Fighting It Right Now, Either

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 454.7 (running: 310.4; walking: 20.5; biking: 123.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $38.13

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 454.7 Aaron: 288 (b: 260.4; w: 27.6)  Elly: 86.1 Total: 828.8

I'm beginning to notice a pattern in my running as of late, and that pattern includes the last short run of the week just kind of sucking. I've been able to pull off really good long runs following them, though, so I've chosen not to worry about it. Besides, a crappy short run for me is still an awesome outing for the pup!!
"Yes, yes, it's fabulous to get out and
about. So ... can we goooooo?!"
Elly really was pretty annoyed she had to stop and sit here. In part, she just doesn't like to sit until we're done and it's picture time. But, added to it, there were two dogs that had just passed along this same stretch. One was pretty big and very interested in checking Elly out (although we kept a big distance, so that dog gave its owner all kinds of trouble). The other was a dachshund, and it was wearing a little jacket. It was fantastic just trotting along minding its own business.

Elly either wanted to flee the scene or go after the new smelling dogs. Not sure which one:
We were blessed with another fantastic weather morning with temps in the mid-50s and just the slightest of breeze. There has been enough sun to get the running tan lines going but not enough to scorch or make the runs uncomfortable. If the run itself was going to be sub-par, the weather made for a wonderful undertone!

Capping off the run was the moment I hoped to find just one more penny (so as to roll the stash over another full dollar mark) is the moment when I found a dime. Whee! It pays to be hopeful!
"It sure does, mommy!! I am always
hopeful that I get to go with you, and it
almost usually sometimes works!! SLURP!"
Tomorrow's a rest from running before 12 miles on Friday! I'll be checking in then with a really fun share! See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment