Friday, May 8, 2015

One Way Or the Other

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 439.7 (running: 295.4; walking: 20.5; biking: 123.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $37.18

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 439.7 Aaron: 279 (b: 251.4; w: 27.6)  Elly: 83.1 Total: 801.8

As I sat and mapped this morning's route yesterday, I think I knew the run wasn't going to happen. Or, maybe that's what I secretly hoped. There was plenty of rain in the forecast, so, outwardly, I was all, "Yeah, 50-50 that I'll run, and, if it rains, I'll bike," when on the inside I was all, "If I'm on the bike, I get to watch tv ..."
 
Just as I was about to head out, the rain started coming. And, by some miracle, it lasted the entire time I was biking. (As I do with any indoor bike ride, I keep looking out the window to justify my inside status and/or hop off and get outside.)
 
I had a 10-mile run on the calendar, so that amounted to 30 miles on the bike. I was surprised to find myself go through much of the same thought processes on the bike as I do on a long run: talking myself through those moments I'd rather just stop; making incremental goals/markers, sometimes feeling like it's going to take forever while, at other moments, feeling like a whole bunch of time just passed that I didn't remember.
 
Suffice it to say my butt hurt in a this-kinda-sucks way after. But, I thoroughly enjoyed the on-board bike fan (yeahhh!) plus the guilt-free block of time to catch up on some back-logged, recorded tv. Not bad.
 
In other exercise updates for today, let's check in with these two:
   "I haven't moved from this      "I circled you on the bike while
    spot in two hours."                 patiently waiting for my morning
                                                         rawhide, and I also wagged my
                                                         tail a lot."
The effort was a good one (and, certainly better than Thursday's outing). It was probably perfect timing to mix up the training. If I had an official race coming up, I wouldn't feel that way. But, I'll take the option while it's here. But, I have an itch to go out and run in the morning. Weather permitting, that's exactly what I'll do. If it rains, well, I'll just stay in bed that much longer!
 
Sometimes, an unplanned shake-up is exactly what we need. I'm certain I needed this! May any surprise that came your way have been a good one, and I'll check in after the morning verdict!

No comments:

Post a Comment