Sunday, April 24, 2016

What Matters Most

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 315 (running: 265.3; walking: 13.5; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 123.7  Money Found For Food Bank: $46.42

Holy moly, this weekend has been picture perfect in terms of weather!! I utilized it this morning by sleeping in near an open window (ahhh ...). I think that was the perfect way to start the day! Yesterday, we all got in gear much earlier to participate in an area walk for MS. Again, it was a perfect day. See?
For real. PERFECT weather. And, the forecast for yesterday
did not waver through the week's forecasting. It was always
tagged for being beautiful.
Our team is in green. You can see the Crew there. And, yup, that's Pit Crew #3 in the balloon hat. All of the teens on the team happily got in line for the balloon guy, and we did not start the walk until all of them had a balloon in hand or on head! I love kids!! And, I really love teenagers. For Real.
 
Our route was on a walking trail which ruled because much of it was shaded. Later in the walk, as it got much warmer, our team captain staked out a spot to take pics.
My knowledge of MS is very limited. I know there's a disruption in the communication of the brain and the body. And, I know that the symptoms are as varied as the people who have it. And, I know it can suck.
 
What better way to spend our time than to participate in an event that personally matters?!
Here's to spending our time, energy and love on what actually matters. Here's to looking forward to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment