Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Weather Lies

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 308.8 (running: 262.3; walking: 10.3; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 119  Money Found For Food Bank: $46.38

I was careful to watch the weather report this morning because I wasn't sure when the rain was supposed to arrive. The 7 a.m. report announced, "Rain after 2 p.m."

I'm just saying that it is 1:40 p.m., the sun just peeked out, and the rain fell on our heads this morning when Elly and I were into our first mile. Of course, I stopped under a tree for a quick pic before protecting the camera in the unused poo bag for the duration of the run ...
"No one said anything about rain, mommy.
This is so uncool."
... because, when it rains, you must stop for a pic, right?

Well, so much for my plan to run 3-5 miles on my outings. I planned for three today, but I cut big corner when the rain started. In truth, I was thankful for even that bit of extra time in my morning, so I wasn't bothered. And, frankly, I was glad for the opportunity of a short cut instead of having no option. Elly appreciated it, too. She's not a fan of the rain!

Because we cut it short, I did pick up speed to make it a decent workout. Here are two pieces of trivia for today:

1. Did you know that less than 2 weeks after running a Half Marathon and feeling like you are all that that you can go for a casual run and feel like you have never run a step in your life?

2. Did you know that even though she wants to get in out of the rain, Elly doesn't really like to pick up speed?

As though I didn't already, this morning showed me both of those scenarios.

We'll try the run again on Friday! See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment