Sunday, April 17, 2016

Oh, Expo, How I Love You

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 300.8 (running: 256.3; walking: 8.3; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 115.5  Money Found For Food Bank: $46.14

I did not run all of this past week, and I feel it! I'm feeling a little sluggish, and I'm a bit restless. It's an intriguing dichotomy. Anyway, I jumped on the extra time not running this week to try and get my life logistics in order. I'm not so sure I fixed as much as I messed up, but, either way, we're going full force tomorrow with it all including (hopefully!) a run!

I can't start back without wrapping up last weekend's events, though. I mean, sure, I could just leave it in the past, but what fun is it to not show off one of running's main events! There were some fun little moments before the run, so I had to include this even if I'm this late doing so! Come with me on our adventure into THE EXPO!!

Immediately upon arrival, we snagged the necessities (bibs and shirts). I even remembered to look up my bib number before arriving to pick it up unlike last year when I completely whiffed that detail and looked like a total tool. Eh, what's new about that? Anyway, here's the Crew with the goods:
Two observations. First: I sometimes suck with the family
selfie and cut someone's face in half. However, it's also kind of
descriptive of our imperfect world, so, there you go. Second,
note we all are showing race items, but Pit Crew #3 held up
his buy-one-get-one card from Chipotle! Of course he did ...
I meant to take a picture of the Half participant shirts, but I guess I was a bit uninspired. They're orange, but they're kind of a dirty orange. I say, if you're going to go with orange for a race shirt, go all the way and make it scream! But, they didn't. I wasn't too impressed. Hardly anyone had theirs on Sunday morning, too, so, I'm not sure what kind of hit they were. Oh well. It'll match my sweat and grime this Summer.

There were some faithful vendors in attendance that we had to investigate including the wicking headband lady ...
PC#2 bought a super-cool, funky one. I passed this time, although I enjoyed looking.

There were a lot fewer shoe vendors there. I never look at them, so, I didn't care. But! PC#3 and I did notice these at one that was there:
Oh, yes, those will make me feel FAST! We just kept staring. It's like we couldn't look away ...

One More Mile was there, and I always like poking around their stand. In fact, as I overheard someone in the crowd say it might rain on Sunday, I put on my Expo agenda to find a hat. Maybe that person was a plant from One More Mile walking around creating the immediate need for some merchandise ... Okay, no, but it would have been a successful plan had it been the case. Mama's not running in the rain without a hat if at all possible! PC#2 joined in the pursuit.
While we looked for hats, Aaron checked out the shirts ...
If this had been almost any other color, I
would have bought it for him!
Aaron and PC#3 went their own way for a while which also means they are the first ones to find a food sample:
The mac-and-cheese was okay, but the
quinoa salad mess topped with very, very
dry chicken was not good at all.
Speaking of food at the Expo, are we the only ones who were totally surprised to see this?
I will note this table was doing a lot of business! I'd love to know the end story and if it was worth the cost and effort! A lot of runners made sure they'd be happy at the finish line!
My only other pursuit at the Expo was for a long sleeved, dry fit shirt. I do so love my day-glo Cowbell one, but, honestly, I'm sick of it. Not knowing how Sunday's weather would be, I knew I needed to have the short- and long-sleeved options for a last-minute decision. Cowbell was with me, but I hoped to find another. And, as luck would have it, I did! This is the back of it:
As it turned out, I ran in short sleeves, but I didn't care. I needed a new one long-sleeved one regardless of Sunday's choice. Besides, how could I resist the little, stick figure runners along the course?! See that one in Illinois going back toward the bridge to cross the river? She's running away from that smell I talked about in my recap! You can bet she's going pretty fast ...
Pleased with our purchases, we wrapped it up ...
... and, we headed out to later investigate our goods, both purchased and free! Hey, did you know the freebie, pure beet juice sucks?!
I think there's a reason every participant was given a full can! NASTY!

So, all of GO! is behind us including the recap, so, it's time to go forth! And, if there's no rain in the morning, it'll all reboot then! Here's to the next adventure ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment