Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Swimming Through the Morning

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 322.1 (running: 272.4; walking: 14.2; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 130.8  Money Found For Food Bank: $47

Elly and I totally lucked out this morning and got a run in before it stormed. WooHoo for great timing that I had absolutely nothing to do with!! I'll take a win when it comes my way!

We started out with a stare-down from a neighborhood cat ... or, two ...
Check out the one being all tricky behind the fence. Yeah, we
see you ...
And, we enjoyed the sights and smells of Spring!
The only complaint of the morning was the humidity. It was a little like a Spring swim. But, that much sweat just makes me feel like I worked really, really hard. Elly agrees:
"We be strong, mama!"
I reiterate my current glad-I'm-not-doing-a-Half-in-a-month mantra and report it was a run to just enjoy! Elly wasn't all about running today anyway, so with no training schedule, I could just follow her lead. Or, as it is, keep pace to have her right on my heels! She's mighty loyal.

She's also very loyal in the follows me room-to-room variety when a storm is rolling in. Just sayin'.

I keep thinking about running tomorrow only to remind myself the day is too packed to make that happen in a way that's reasonable for the entire day. So, I will be otherwise productive and take two Rest Days in a row. You will be hearing from me, though, and there's a very important day approaching ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment