Monday, April 25, 2016

Set the Tone For the Week

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 318 (running: 268.3; walking: 13.5; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 126.7  Money Found For Food Bank: $46.73

Wow! WHAT a MONDAY! Now, before I go on talking about how very busy I was from the beginning of the day until, um, NOW, I have to make a confession. After my run (and shower and breakfast), I sat down to work which requires a quick scan of Facebook. That's when THIS caught my eye ...
... and, I had to take a minute to register myself, Pit Crew #2 AND text my virtual running partner extraordinaire Mary Kate to make sure she's IN. So, there was a delay in the productivity. Such control over my time is a perk of working from home. Of course, I put too many delays in the day, and I'm wrapping up work at 8:20 p.m. like I just did. Give. And. Take. I missed this registration last time they had it, so the delay was worth it.

So, yes, PC#2 and I are registered, we're counting on Mary Kate joining the bandwagon, and the week begins!!

Such virtual events are very worth the investment to give me some focus right now. I thoroughly enjoyed my outing with Elly this morning because I embraced the fact that I was just running versus running a training schedule. It was a GREAT decision to nix the May Half Marathon, but, I admit to needing that carrot in front of me for motivation.

We seriously enjoyed the outing, though. Elly had her sniffer on high gear. And, we heard all kinds of crazy chatter from this tree as we passed ...
The chatter stopped when we did and resumed when we got going. Those birds or squirrels (I couldn't tell) were chickens.

We also saw these:
Very cool!
It was a great way to get the blood flowing and my gears going on this Monday! That's also the plan for Tuesday -- another outing before possible rain on Wednesday! It's so gross and humid out tonight, though, that I wonder if some rain is creeping in. We'll see what morning brings ...

No comments:

Post a Comment