Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Changing the Day's Course Early

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 282.9 (running: 240.2; walking: 6.5; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 108.9  Money Found For Food Bank: $45.94

So, what happens when I wait too long to do laundry is that I come upon a running day and only have pants with no pockets in them. And, that, of course, means: No pictures.

That's okay, though. I just needed to run and run well. I started the day in the middle of the night with a super-cuddly kitty. Daphne seems to have claimed the space right next to me to sleep. And, the girl is a bed hog. To the max. That can make for problematic sleeping for someone like myself who isn't a fan of hurling the kitties off the bed if I can move around them. I only have myself to blame, but it is my story.

I checked the temperature, and it was almost 40. That's not shorts weather, so I opted for capris to split the difference. Of course, I've not washed them since Sunday's run. It was a pants without pockets run for me.

And, then I checked my email before heading out (not always a good move when there's an annoying one. And, what do you know?! There one was. It was really quite annoying, too. Not life shifting, but super annoying. Grrrr.

I totally and completely understand that not one of my listed problems is an actual problem. But, all of them are factors that contributed to the trajectory of my morning. So, I was bound and determined to use my run to change that. And, run I did. Such a mood can either fuel or derail a run. Fortunately, it went the productive route. I used my time to pray and problem solve as well as visualize how things will go on Sunday's Half Marathon route. It was like a vision board without the board.

I'm certain my pace was what I'd like it to be on Sunday, but I'll play that by ear. I'll take a slower pace if it means not being fueled by a first-of-the-morning annoying email!

Tomorrow is another run - the last before the big one! It's supposed to rain in the morning, but that won't stop me unless it comes with accompanying thunder and/or lightening. Here's to a better start to my day for sure, and here's to hoping your day starts off great, too, regardless of today! I'll see you after the morning run ...

No comments:

Post a Comment