Monday, April 18, 2016

What It Is

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 305.3 (running: 260.3; walking: 8.8; biking: 36.2) Elly's miles: 115.5  Money Found For Food Bank: $46.37

For the first run back after a week off, this run was a good one. For a regular run, it was passable. Just sayin'. Elly and I lucked out with a beautiful morning at the perfect temperature to start out in shorts without getting roasted hot along the way. I couldn't ask for much more than that to not just restart running but to also kick-start the week!

I thoroughly enjoyed running for "no" reason. Deciding to blow off the idea of running another Half at the end of May was a good choice indeed. I have too many life balls in the air right now. It's time to let running simply be easy.

I do have two virtual 10K plans in the works. One is with Pit Crew #2, which I suspect will take place near the beginning of the summer, and the other is with Elly. I suspect I'll just pounce on her readiness for that one! Both of those adventures will keep me going until I figure out my next challenge! If I had to forecast, that challenge isn't coming any time particularly soon! And, that's more than okay. I'd rather be juggling both the old and new aspects of my life than concerning myself with how many miles I'm going. There's merit to doing so when it comfortably fits into my life. Right now is (happily) not that time!

For now, running four days a week at whatever distance suits me sounds fabulous! I suspect my range will be 3-5 miles depending on the day and how much time I have to give it. I'll throw in some of the 6-milers for good measure, and I'll re-evaluate when the time comes. Until then, we'll just keep on going ...

No comments:

Post a Comment