Friday, May 11, 2012

Who Needs Rest Anyway?

This is soooo not a Rest Day! I got up early (what?!) to do my Total Gym workout (It sure starts the day off right when, even if it hurts, the day still begins with fulfilling a commitment ... always feels good! But, it's not restful ...). THEN the remainder of the day is going to be spent with 100 kids at their end-of-the-year party. Don't even tell me that's restful! But, it is fun!

Resistance training update: I have really felt day one of the workout for the past two mornings, this one included. Because of that, I wasn't terribly inspired to do it today, but knew I needed to stick to it. I am happy (and, a bit surprised!) to report that by the time I finished my first set of squats, all of my muscles loosened up, and it felt great! I expected everything to hurt more; the exact opposite happened. Who knew? I didn't, so I thought I'd pass it along! Back to that on Monday.

For today, I offer the latest tip from the kitchen! You know how I love my new Fiesta Tofu Dip, right? I normally eat it with veggie chips (which I realize aren't made from veggies), but I've wanted to swap the chips with ... something ...

I tried carrot chips ...
... It didn't work. Believe it or not, the carrots totally overpowered the taste of the dip. Total strike out!

Then, Aaron had an idea ...
Ooo ... he was on to something ... Something yummy!
HOLY YUM that's a great combo!!!!

And, that's why he's the Pit Crew leader. (You thought it was because he's older than the other two.)

I'm looking forward to some of that when I get home from the pack of kids. I'm pretty sure it will be accompanied by one of these:
Ice cold ... I can already taste it ... I'm so excited!!
Have a great Friday whatever it is full of, and I'll see you after the morning run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment