Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Suddenly Sizzlin'

There is nothing like starting off the day with a little treat of any kind, don't you think? Today, there was a breakfast held for all of the volunteers at PC#3's school. This was the first year I chose to go ... turns out, I have been missing out on quite the shindig!!! There was a huge  spread of food available and a nice address by the principal to all of us. Sweet way to start the day! I totally scored myself some goodies!
As Aaron often says, "Can't talk. Eating."
Once finished, I went about my biz ... there was running to take place after all! And, if I don't get on with the running, then I don't get on very well with my day. Time's a tickin'! Time to hit it! So, off I went.

Hey, remember recently when I was cranking about how the start time temperature had reached 50 degrees and I was sooooo hot (wah-wah-boo-hoo)? Yeah, me, too. Let's just say I would have given a lot  for 50 this morning because when I headed out, it was already 70! Let's remember I'm the one who loves running when it's 20 degrees (Bring. It. On!) It's not going to get any better from here for a while!
Only a half mile in, and I'm coated in sweat.
Yeah, this ought to be fun. And smelly.
Along the first mile, I found this:
Where on earth did that come from?
And, just about a quarter mile down the road, I saw the opposite:
Teeny, tiny thing. Far too young to be away from it's mommy,
don't you think? Yes, yes, I know it's a leaf but it was hot out
there, and I'm sure delirium was setting in.
It's totally moments like that when you can't help but go back to the classics of Sesame Street and start saying opposites in your head. I spent some time doing so. It's not a good distractor at all, but it did make me think of Grover. Who doesn't love Grover? 
Who doesn't remember, "Near! ... Far!"
Onward I went on a pretty uneventful run. It could have been super-eventful had I not seen this:
We've always been warned about these things. But, do you ever
really see them? Let me be the one to prove they're out there.
You're welcome.
With 4 more miles down, I admit to being a bit relieved to have this run finished. It was icky out there, and I was hot from the get-go! I guess I'd better get used to that from now on. It's a stinker, though, because the temperatures are most definitely going to limit Elly running time.
Unconditional love from the disappointed hound! Poor girl.
I have another run scheduled for tomorrow, then I have two days in a row for Rest Days!! Yeah!!! I have some serious thinking to do before Sunday's long run ... that Half Marathon situation is looming, and I need to make a decision. I know I said I needed one more long run behind me before doing so, but that's only one piece of the equation.

You know, I'm not sure how some people can just go out and run without the amount of mental work I seem to require (and have come to require of myself)! But, that's okay. It's actually the pattern of my life ... lots of thinking and planning and figuring things out then doing. It's like when you're told "measure twice, cut once". I'm pretty sure I'm a measure-three-times-then-once-more before cutting kind of gal! It has served me very well my entire life ... why switch that now for this?! See you after tomorrow's sure-to-be-cranky-warm run!


No comments:

Post a Comment