Friday, May 25, 2012

Purple Is the New Black

Hey, pretty cool that the first day of summer (aka: school's out!) landed on a Rest Day!! That totally worked for me. None of us have figured out how to sleep later yet, but it was nice for the morning to be a bit lazy!

As scheduled, I did my resistance training. I toned the leg work down a notch for today because of the 5K tomorrow. I figure if I have a taper week the week leading up to a Half Marathon, then I should take a cue and not overdo this the day before a run especially when it's so new in my routine. Even though I don't race, I do want to enjoy!

Okay, speaking of the run tomorrow, I picked up my stuff just a little bit ago. Here's the shirt ...
I've already said it and am going to again: Black? Really?!
Yes, I'm still on that! I'm certain there was a reason to choose black, I just don't know what it was. And, it's ugly. I did know it was coming, though, so I've decided to wear my favorite color instead:
I already own a like-colored shirt, so I'm good to go! Elly will
even wear her matching bandana even though she doesn't get
to go. AND, tomorrow is the debut of my new purple shoe laced
PC#2 gave me for Mother's Day. ALL SET.
Oh my gosh, I know ... like I'm such a fashionista and like this is all the most important thing about a run. But, the shirts and the swag are components of the fun, so I ensure my fun if it's not provided!
Speaking of swag ... do you remember at the Expo for April's Half when Aaron scored these?
Okay, I didn't, either. I finally remembered that he got them for filling out a survey for QT which is the same vendor that provided us the multiple sandwich samples to the point that I had dinner for two days -- booyah!
Thanks for multiple dinners, QT!
Anyway, after picking up my goods for tomorrow's run, Aaron swung by QT on the way home. It was at that point that he reminded me he had the above coupons for free drinks. FREE. ANY SIZE. Score! Running totally pays.
One of my favorite things about QT: Crushed ice!
Any size really did mean any size ... so, I went for it. Did you
 know a 52-ounce cup is the same size as my head? Now you
do. Oh, and did you know I cannot finish a 52-ounce Diet Coke
even over the course of a few of hours? (Aaron's a great helper.)
I love when the whole Pit Crew can partake
in the fun. For real. I love that. For all of
times they get up early to get me to a run
and for the waiting around and the cheering
they do, a free slushy is the least I can do.
Pretty super-duper that I had more fun with the Expo residuals than I did getting my new goods, huh? Eh, whadda ya do ... I'm totally looking forward to the run, though: new event + new course = all good! AND, I'm relieved I didn't sign up for the Half because it's going to be a HOT one in the morning! They even moved the start time earlier for everything given the forecast. Blech. (Hey, great day to wear a black shirt ... just ... sayin' ...)

I plan to cruise the 3-miles straight to an ice, cold Diet Coke! Have a great start to your day! See you after the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment