Monday, May 21, 2012

One Person's Trash = My Treasure Trove!

Welcome to Monday!! Did yours start as bleary-eyed as mine? I must report: I am exhausted! The end of the school year does that to me, and this year is not only no exception, it also seems a bit more over the top in terms of my trying to maintain walking in the upright position!

That being said, you can bet I have been so very thankful I decided to not run that upcoming Half Marathon ... it's this coming weekend! Holy moly, what was I thinking by considering that? My being very tired at the end of the school year is as predictable as Christmas being on the same day each year, so I clearly had lost my brain in April's post-Half Marathon emotional rush! Oh, and check this out ... it's supposed to be 90 degrees by then! (yowza!) I know they have something like 9 drink stations along the course, but I'm not sure that would have been enough. In fact, I'm pretty sure I might have camped out by the second one and just hung out with the volunteers toasting the other runners with my energy drink. ("Cheers, and bravo! I'll be right here if you'd be so kind to let my family know when you see them at the finish.") I'm happy to have entered the 5K and am looking forward to it ... but three miles is all that day gets!

In fact, given my current state of alertness and energy, I decided to take this week down to 3-milers to just chill and regroup. Resistance training will continue at its current level, and I will ramp the miles back up after this week. I need balance in my world right now, not just in my exercise!

This is where the 3-years-ago me would have just blown off the week, but I definitely know it's important to keep at it with NO excuses (no matter how many I say to myself in my head!). So, off I went! And, to my delight, the morning temperature was awesome, so I was able to bring Elly!
Hooray! I love this pooch!
She's a great pal, but not terribly observant sometimes ... look!
See that to the right of her front paw? I do,
too, but she couldn't have cared less. (Does
she think her bandana wardrobe is free?! Oh,
wait. She doesn't care.)
And, when I say look, I mean CHECK IT OUT:
You have got to be kidding me ... this stash was right on the other
side of Elly strewn in one small area. It very much looked like
this handful was a nuisance to someone, and out of  the ol' pocket
it went. FINE BY ME! Cha-ching!! Snoopy bank says "thank you."
This find was very pleasing and certainly helped with the more-money-than-miles mantra, but more awesome was seeing my Good For You Lady (who wished me a very happy Monday) and seeing these:
Seriously cool!!! I came up on them expecting they'd just be
orange (which is cool by itself), but then I was treated to these!
With that, the we finished up, I did my resistance training and treated myself to lunch with a friend! Ahh ... a great way to spend a Monday! See you tomorrow on Total Rest Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment