Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ten Miles Down

We're hitting the ground running (no pun intended) by starting here, but you have to start somewhere, and the clock is ticking down to the Roots & Blues Half Marathon on September 10! Needless to say, training is WELL underway!!

I'm pretty stoked about the upcoming event, but it was a hard-fought effort and decision this year after a big bout of self-doubt in May followed by a heck-of-a-heated summer. To cut to the chase, I officially registered for the run this past week (making sure I got in on the least expensive fee, of course!), I logged my 10-mile run yesterday, and completing this run is a foregone conclusion. The training between now and then is what will indicate *how* I finish!

Let's review my goal:
Finish. Period.

Beyond that, everything is a bonus!

I leave it at that for now -- this effort is a work in progress! And, let's face it, another round of REAL work begins on the other side of the Half ... when I figure out another goal and start over ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment