Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's Not Making Me Rich, But I Keep My Eye Out ...

This morning, on the very same stretch of road where less than year ago I used to find myself slowing down and subsequently berating myself (what's wrong with you; loser, why can't you do this bettter; oh my gosh you are so slow ...), I found myself slowing down and thoroughly enjoying the cool of the shade in which I found myself. And, like so many times before, I simply kept going. Only, this time, I only had lovely thoughts of my very cold water waiting for me back at the car.

That is a victory no matter how you slice it.

In the meantime, check THIS out ... as I was along that very same stretch, look what I saw! Okay, this is usually exciting for me because anyone who knows me knows I'll break whatever pace I'm on (which means I'm willing to stop) to pick up money! I did it at the 10K in July to the tune of 2 or 3 pennies (I was a near-delirious with heat by that point, so I'm a bit foggy on the details). I did it right after I passed the 12-mile mark on last Fall's Half for a penny (yeah I did!). So, I'm sure knowing I stop during an every day run comes as no surprise.

This was mean, though. They're totally cemented in there!! What a tease! Grrr. I figured this out before actually stopping which was good (I've stopped a number of times for things that look like coins that aren't ... totally annoying.). Look closely, and you'll see that someone got two out, but the other three are there for keeps. Don't count on me to retrieve them. I don't see running with blunt or sharp objects in my future!

I now get to tick miles off the counter and go on with my day. A toast to you for a great day with my ice cold water! Mmmmm ...

No comments:

Post a Comment