Monday, August 15, 2011

Moody Monday

At 6:15 a.m., my very sweet husband came in for the second time to wake me up. It went like this:
Sweet husband: "Wake uuuuuppp ..." with a soft shoulder shake.
Crabby Nancy: "WHY!" You'll note, that wasn't a question.
Sweet husband: "I'm sure you you have your reasons."
Crabby Nancy: "Those reasons are probably stupid."

That's not an atypical exchange between the two of us. It's civil (now that when he wakes me up, he doesn't tell me he's doing so because "it's time to go run." Worst. Way. To. Wake. Me. Up.)

It was only 65 degrees (woah!!), so I took Elly with me. We headed out, and the girl was s-l-o-w ... good golly, she was slow. I don't think she was fully awake, either, though, so I decided to comply with her pace and just enjoy. (At 65 degrees, you can BREATHE!)

Today's route included a pretty substantial hill right in the middle. It's .67 of a mile top to bottom. It's a favorite spot because the sun is coming up right in front of me. I make a point to actually take in that moment because it's that pretty.
Elly and I rounded the corner to the top of the hill, and the sun made Elly's face GLOW. I said to her, "Girl, this is where we shine!" (Of course we shine, we're about to go DOWN hill!)

I had "Chariots of Fire" music in my head, Elly and I were winning the Olympic human-canine jogging division, and I kid you not that I looked up and saw two, separate rainbow pieces on either side of the sun. One for each of us! Glorious!

Less glorious is getting back up that hill! Swapping out "Chariots of Fire" in my head for "Pour Some Sugar On Me" (that'll throw your brainwaves for a loop!), we went back up the hill and finished our morning 4. Victory! A commemorative photo was required.

May your day include at least one victory and at least one time you know you shine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment