Saturday, August 27, 2011

Papa Has Eaten, So On With the Story ...

During the day yesterday, I kept changing my mind as to whether or not I was excited to run this morning. It literally changed by the hour, so I've more than learned to just commit and do. No thinking required!

Today's stash of sacrificial fruit.
At 6:14 a.m., I armed myself with my grape friends and running water bottle (which has a strap to go around my hand, therefore, no effort to hold required ... I like that ... no effort ...) before heading out. In case you were wondering (and I have before been asked), the grapes live in my pocket until they meet their demise.
Out I went, and it was a lovely morning with a cool breeze. I did not expect that! I also did not expect so many dead frogs in the first 3 miles, so I guess you take the good with the bad.

That's a penny, baby!
Remember when I -- effectively -- said that I brake for cash? I totally wasn't kidding! I found a penny 130 steps from my finish (yes, I counted)! This was way more exciting than the fake-out I had around mile 4 when what I thought was a coin turned out to be a button.

There were a lot of people out today both running and biking, and it was really fun because most everyone returned my hello to them! I like that so much more than when I say hello and I get the angry eyes in return. Even if the person isn't angry, they look it. Hurts my feelings. *sniff* Oh, and I got to exchange a high five with a friend who was biking toward me (because I do, indeed, follow the run-against-traffic rules). It's always fun to see a friend, and it's a good thing I didn't do something stupid like grab his hand as we passed. Pulling him off of his bike would have been way worse than any angry eyes I ever received. 'Probably would have gotten them from him ...

Oh. So. Gross.
Anyway, I made it home no worse for the wear. Well, I'm not worse, but my shirt is! I've all but destroyed it. It's now out where all gross exercise clothes are banished until laundered. I guess that penny will go to the Nancy Needs a New Shirt Fund. 

So, there's 12 in the tank. Rock on, and on with the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment